Over the years there has been a tremendous increase in the number of Java applications & websites. It created an array of career opportunities for the tech enthusiasts. Reportedly, there are 9 million Java developers across the world. As per a popular job posting portal “Indeed” the average salary for a Java Developer in the US is $102,000. The platform provides around 700 job offerings for the entry-level Java developers, so despite being a newbie in the Java world, you can seize a phenomenal position to kick-start your career.
Also if we do a quick search on different job boards you would find there are almost 12000 java jobs on Dice
More than 30,000 Java jobs on Monster
More than 45,000 Java jobs on Indeed
The following chart represents the Java programming job openings in the United States based on salary:
Thus, it is evident that the need for Java developers is escalating at a higher pace which impels the Java aspirants to upgrade their skills and earn considerable salary packages.
Checklist of the Java Programming Skills one needs to Acquire
The only means to sustain in the cut throat competition is by upgrading your Java skills. The programmers are required to have a comprehensive knowledge of Java to attain top-level jobs. Moreover, they should be well-versed with these Java programming skills:
- Core Java
- Oracle database SQL and JDBC
- Service Oriented Architecture
- J2EE Framework
- Java based Web services
- Java Servlet Technology
- XML, X query, XSLT
Additional set of Java Skills one needs to attain to get the highest paid jobs in the market:
- Spring MVC
- Spring Core
- REST Web Services
- Spring boot
- Proficiency in Cloud Computing Technologies like AWS and Azure
Once you ace these skills, you can climb up the ladder of success in the programming world. Besides it creates a fair chance for you to be a part of renowned fortune 500 Companies
Reasons to Learn Java
Presently, Java plays a vital role in the spheres of back-end & Android mobile app development. The future of Java seems bright when considering the integration of modern language features. During its course of 20 years, Java has achieved several milestones and proven its mettle. From becoming the most popular open source programming language to evolving into an essential component for software and application development, Java has come a long way.
Let’s take a look at some of the major reasons to learn Java:
- Rich API-The fundamental reason behind the immense popularity of Java is its rich API. It enables programmers to develop an application using different technologies without the hassle to apprehend their internal implementation. Java provide adequate classes, packages, interfaces, that eases the development process.
- Java API can regulate a wide range of functions and procedures.
- Developers can deploy API for I/O, utilities, networking, speech synthesis, DB connection, XML parsing, etc.
- There are approx. 4,500 APIs accessible to the Java developers.